Cole David and Maxwell Roydon

Cole David and Maxwell Roydon

Sunday, June 20, 2010

My 1st Father's Day


Today Becky woke me up to a delicious meal of, my favorite breakfast, french toast. After breakfast she presented me with my 1st Father's Day card and my 1st Father's Day gift from Max. Max and Mommy made me an imprint of Max's foot in plaster and wrote Happy Father's Day heart Max.




We then got ready and headed off to church for a sermon on self control from my favorite father-in-law. After church we went to dinner with Grandma and Grandpa Cooper and Uncle Aaron, and then came home for a peaceful afternoon. If only my 1st Father's Day had started as peacefully.

The time was about 2:30am on Sunday June 20, 2010. I just finished feeding Max a bottle and decided I should attempt to change his diaper. In hindsight... this was not a smart way to start off my 1st Father's Day. You see Max had the hiccups from just eating and being the inexperienced dad I am, I had no clue what a combination of the hiccups and a diaper change could produce. I did know that little boys have a tendency to go off like a sprinkler system while changing their diaper. What I didn't know was the kid had Lake Michigan stored in his bladder. I started the process expecting a little leakage and allowed for that by keeping him covered for quite sometime until he stopped peeing. However, once I thought he was done and began to attempt to change his diaper, the hiccups kicked in and every hiccup resulted in a spray. A little startled, I tried to cover him back up but I wasn't quick enough. He continued peeing over and over every time I tried to uncover him and continue the changing. By the time I was covered in pee and screaming from frustration, Becky had sprung from bed to save the day. My O My... Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Who does Max look like?


When will I be born?