Cole had a good day and Max had a great day.
Cole is doing good and Mom and Dad are anxiously anticipating our departure Saturday morning. Today we took a few necessary steps to be able to go home. Mom and Dad had to sleep through.. I mean watch 4 training videos. They were on car seats, infant CPR, shaken baby, and SIDS. Cole also had to pass a car seat test. Given the distance we live from the NICU Cole had to sit in his car seat for 2 hours while hooked up to the monitors to be sure he could handle trip home.
Tomorrow will be a little less pleasant for Cole as he has a hepatitis B shot and a circumcision to look forward to. But tomorrow night he should receive his last dose of antibiotics and we hope to blow this popsicle stand first thing Saturday morn.

Max had a great day that carried over from yesterday. His days were filled with tractors, animals, airplanes, a surprise encounter with a fireman, and pool time with Dad. The Sioux Falls Ag Expo was in town so Grandma and Grandpa took Max there yesterday and today. They did it all from sitting on tractors, skid loaders, ATVs, and more to petting wildlife like lizards, snakes, and even a skunk.

Tonight I took Max for a little Dad and Max trip to the airport to see some jets take off and land. While on the way back to the hotel we pulled up beside a firetruck(a rerrrr rerrrr as Max would call it) and I rolled down Max's window so he could see. At a stop light the firemen started waving at Max and one of them jumped out and gave max a fireman sticker. Needless to say he was ecstatic. When we got back to the hotel, we hit the pool for a little swim time before Mom and Gma & Gpa got back. It has been a difficult week for Max at times but he has been a great little man and has handled it like a champ!


I almost forgot, yesterday was Becky's Birthday, well I didn't almost forget that, but I wanted to mention what we did to celebrate. Last night for dinner we went to Fuji which is one of those cool Japanese restaurants where they cook right in front of you. We thought Max would enjoy it and we were right. He took to it quite quickly and in no time he was acting out the same things the chef was doing. I was going to post video of him, but I am experiencing a technical difficulty.
We have been very blessed this past week and a half to have such an amazing new little man, such great family and friends to love and support us, and to be able to have some fun with Max along the way. We are ready for this phase to be over but we have lots of memories to take with us.
Glad to hear about the good days. I remember watching those videos too. I think we did it in the evening and so I kept turning the channel on the tv to find the cable feed and ESPN. . . but got scolded by the nurses a couple of times. We are excited to soon have Cole and you all home as well, but I'm sure not as much as you.
ReplyDelete