I don't recall a worse day in my life. Maybe there has been, and there will probably be one in the future to replace it, but that moment this morning when his alarm went off and his monitor showed a heart rate of 270+ will be permanently engraved in my mind. I posted the other day, I hadn't really experienced a scary moment through all this, just emotional ones. But today that scare showed up, and it showed up big. You are just never prepared for that moment that may change everything forever. We are not quite sure exactly what this will entail as far as when we will go home(Friday could be a possibility) future medications, daily activities, follow ups with doctors, etc... But we are reassured that we have heard about several people who have SVT and live perfectly normal lives. And I have had to stop and ask myself... what are you really more worried about? How this impacts Cole or how it impacts you? To be honest... I don't know if I completely know that answer. Time will tell and we will trust in the Lord to walk us through.

This morning when Nana was here, she wrote out a saying for me that her mom had given her at a very difficult time in her life.
Joy is NOT the absence of suffering
But the PRESENCE of GOD
To be honest, its one of those sayings that when someone hands it to you, you are kinda like, ya whatever. But as I sit here now and look at it and think about it, it hits home. Its so true. We become so wrapped up in our daily lives we so easily forget what and who is important. A dear friend text me a bible verse tonight. Luke 8:50 But Jesus on hearing this answered the him, "Do not fear; only believe, and she will be well". Do not fear... Only believe... that's all Jesus asks of us. Sounds so simple yet we make it so hard. My goal now is to do a better job being a full time and professional believer. How about you?

No comments:
Post a Comment